22 Dec Media Relations and Marketing Lead
Media Relations and Marketing Lead Job Posting
Metis is building a hub for the entire Web3 economy in 3 stages: Layer 2 Ethereum scaling solution with fast/cheap transactions; NO-CODE integration via smart contract templates; and a Decentralized Autonomous Company (DAC) infrastructure enabling both blockchain AND Web2 companies to build decentralized businesses ON-CHAIN, with all the functionalities of real-world enterprises and all the security and decentralization of the Ethereum blockchain.
Our company is seeking a sharp self-starter to join our Marketing team in the position of Media Relations Lead. Responsibilities for the job include (but are not limited to):
- Leading Metis’ media relations efforts. Specifically, we are looking to get featured in major blockchain/crypto media outlets such as CoinDesk and CoinTelegraph, via organic coverage such as long-form features, rather than pay-for-play blurbs and press releases.
- Placing Metis senior executives on leading YouTube shows and podcasts.
- Evaluating PR agency partners and/or potential partners.
- Assisting the Marketing team as a whole as needed for marketing activities not related to Media Relations.
- Serving as an experienced voice within the company and lending helpful guidance to less experienced associates.
- Being willing and unafraid to participate in high-level company strategy discussions, taking advantage of Metis’ flat, non-hierarchical structure to add an impactful new voice to the company from Day 1.
Credentials Metis is looking for include (but are not limited to):
- High-level fluency in English, to the point where the candidate can perform tasks such as appear on blockchain/crypto shows and give talks on behalf of Metis at conferences.
- Proficiency in at least one other language preferred, with significant consideration given to candidates who also show proficiency in Mandarin.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, for everything ranging from pitch emails to pitch decks to Medium articles to social media posts.
- Ability to be both a self-starter and a team player, someone who can hit the ground running in the new job, but also be a resource and encouraging voice to colleagues.
- Versatility. While the job title is Media Relations Lead, Metis staffers and even the founders often wear multiple hats. Proficiency in areas ranging from non-Media Relations marketing activities to Business Development to Business Strategy are highly encouraged.
- Marketing strategy. This role is also responsible for creating and executing marketing strategy plan for Metis
- Leadership. This position will require team leadership. We have an awesome marketing and business development team and a person that is a great fit for this position has to have an experience or abilities to lead and take care of a large team.
- Experience in a similar role with other companies. This is a management-level position and resumes should reflect that.
- Extensive network. Preference will be given to candidates who have extensive contacts within the blockchain/crypto industry in general, and blockchain/crypto media industry in particular.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Please send your resume and short cover letter (1 page or less) to [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit www.metis.io.